How can you maximize the benefit from our group while maximizing your influence on the vegan movement? Here are 5 easy goals for this year—fun and rewarding!
- Build one skill or knowledge area to make you a more effective vegan influencer. Think about what you admire in others or think of past situations where a certain skill would have helped. This will vary; some of us are best as behind-the-scenes organizers while others are gifted in personal outreach. I think we should nurture our natural gift but build adjacent skills. Good in general might be to improve vegan nutrition expertise—so next time when asked about an iron deficiency, you have answers at your fingertips. An action item here could be to commit to reading 1-2 nutrition books (The China Study, How Not to Die, etc.)
- Meet at least 8 group members in person! If it sounds like a lot, realize that this could be done in a single meetup. Use our networking guide to identify members near you. If you live in a location with few other members, find others in the nearest geography and connect by email or Skype.
- Reach out to 5 random members in a tough geography or industry. We have members in Vietnam, Serbia and Tanzania, for example. Drop them a LI note (no InMail needed if they are in the same group—see networking guide) and express your support/ask about their experience. This will enrich you too, guaranteed!
- Achieve one vegan victory/advancement at your company. It can start small. Utilize our new Corporate Initiatives Program resources.
- Take steps to make it easier to follow our VLCM discussions and have the member directory at your fingertips. Bookmark our LinkedIn group page in your search engine favorites. Also be sure you receive our weekly announcements via email (we work very hard to keep them relevant and interesting to you) and notification about key posts. If not sure how, please contact us.