Being a VLCM member gives you access to our private, secure, members-only LinkedIn discussion forum. Use it to pose questions to other members, reach out for connections or offer comments. Our group is very unique in that it focuses on “vegan corporate” topics, such as issues of vegans working in the corporate environment (business travel, business attire etc.) and how to advance vegan ideas specifically within corporations.
The discussion forum is completely secure—only members can contribute and see the contents of conversations. LinkedIn doesn’t allow search engines to crawl the discussions, thus providing a trusted private space for people to communicate.
Here are some general do’s and don’ts of our forum:
- Post actively—cross-post any content relevant to the “corporate vegan” audience. It could be useful articles that you came across elsewhere. Also, start a post introducing yourself esp. if you are looking to network with other vegan professionals in your area, or if you have a specific challenge for others to advise on.
- Don’t give up if your post doesn’t get much traction at first. Our members don’t check the forum every day so they may have just missed your topic, as newer topics appeared higher on the feed. Feel free to repost the topic.
- If you can’t think of a topic for a new post, come to our forum to peruse posts from others, and engage by liking or commenting on them. That can have a huge ripple effect.
- Tuesday–Thursday tend to be the best days for social media engagement—post your topics on those days to get more traffic.
- If you have a major story or a topic that should warrant official distribution, let our Management Team know. We have a way to do mass email distribution if warranted.
- Posts that we usually delete from the forum are promotional posts, topics not directly related to veganism and/or our core audience, or topics that contain unprofessional language (rambling, swearing etc.) Those however happen very rarely.