Do you want to lead a vegan initiative in your workplace but feel like you could do better with some peer support, structure and guidance? If so, join our Vegan Leaders Corporate Initiatives Support Program. It is a 6-month program, offered entirely free of charge, to vegans who are ready to implement a specific workplace initiative.
Key Things to Know:
- See the participation criteria below.
- This is a 6-month program, offered in two cycles: September through February and March through August. The next program starts on September 1st, 2018. The deadline to submit the enrollment application for this cycle is August 20th, 2018. The maximum number of participants in a given cycle is 20.
- If you miss the deadline or the program is full, you are welcome to apply for the next cycle.
- The expected time commitment is approximately 1-2 hours per week. The program is designed for someone who has a full-time job and will be working on the initiative in their free time.
- The program will have you work through your initiative by pre-defined weekly goals and tasks (which you can adopt to your specific initiative). The goal is to get your initiative built up to a point where you can continue it on your own after the program ends.
- The program will virtually connect you with a personal mentor and peer participants through video calls and other collaboration platforms. The mentor is someone who either has experience with corporate vegan activism or is a professional coach, and has graciously volunteered to work with you. You’ll be expected to communicate with your mentor and discuss your progress as part of monthly all-group checkpoint sessions.
- It is expected that you have read the Vegan Leaders Playbook before starting the program. If you haven’t, please read it before the program begins.
- The program is 100% free. In exchange, we expect that you are committed and will prioritize this effort at least by freeing up time to work on your tasks.
- You are serious about starting a vegan initiative in your workplace.
- You work at a sufficiently large non-vegan company (at least 50 employees, with 90%+ non-vegans) and you have reasonable access to the constituents (e.g. you are regularly present on site where the initiative would take place.)
- You don’t plan to leave your company during the next 6 months.
- You are committing to actively participate in this program for 6 months and you agree to follow the given structure. Please consider the following:
- You don’t have upcoming commitments in the next 6 months that could jeopardize your ability to focus on the program.
- You are able to devote 1-2 hours per week to the initiative (in your own time).
- You are able to join monthly checkpoint group sessions (last Saturday of each month), with no more than 3 total absences out of 6 calls.
- You will complete the assigned goals and tasks (as applicable to your initiative), and communicate with your mentor.